“Prosthodontics is a dental procedure which includes crowns, bridges, inlays, onlays, veneers, complete or partial dentures. Prosthodontic procedures are performed by a specialist who is called a prosthodontist.”
Dental Bridge Bhopal
A bridge is made up of two or more crowns. Two or more anchoring teeth are called abutment teeth and the false tooth is called pontics. A pontics can be made from gold, allows, porcelain or a combination of these materials.
- Dental bridges can restore your smile
- Dental bridges can maintain the shape of your face
- Dental bridges bring back the ability of chew or speak
- Dental bridges prevent the remaining teeth from changing its position
Types of Dental Bridges
There are three main types of dental bridges:
These crowns are also called resin- bonded bridges or Maryland bridges and are made of porcelain, porcelain fused to metal or plastic teeth and gums supported by a metal or porcelain framework. Generally, metal or porcelain wings are only one side of the bridge and are bonded to your existing teeth.
Cantilever bridges are used when only one side of the missing tooth has adjacent teeth. This type is not a common type to use as it can put too much force on other teeth and damage them.
Traditional bridges are used to create a crown for the tooth or implant on either side of the missing tooth, with a pontic in between. These bridges are made of either porcelain fused to metal or ceramics
- Like dental crowns, two meeting are held with the doctor for getting a dental bridge. First of all, the abutment teeth are prepared. In the next process, impressions of the teeth are made for sending to a dental lab. During this period, your dentist makes a temporary bridge to wear.
- At the second visit, the dentist removes your temporary bridge and new permanent bridge is cemented. Sometimes you need multiple visits to check the fit of the bridge. If everything is fine, the bridge is placed permanently.