After reading this question, you can be a little bit surprised as you are confident that method you use for brushing or flossing it correct. Well, we would congratulate you if after reading this blog, you find yourself correct. If not, you must change your brushing and flossing method today.
The Correct Process of Brushing
- Brushing your teeth would give you good results if you brush your teeth with a certain process. First of all, place your toothbrush at a 450 angle long the gun line and move the toothbrush in a back and forth motion for cleaning each tooth. According to the dental experts, you must clean the outer surface of your upper teeth and then your lower teeth. After that, clean the inner surface of your upper teeth and then your lower teeth. After you have done, you must clean the chewing surfaces of all the teeth. Cleaning the tongue is also an essential part of brushing.
- If you do it, you actually clean each section of your mouth which is highly recommended. Do not forget to brush behind your lower front teeth using the top bristles of your toothbrush to reach this area. Always brush gently and never scrub hard. Finally rinse your mouth with the help of an antiseptic solution for much better results.
- Brush twice a day for at least two minutes is essential for preventing bacterial attack. Preferably, you must brush after every meal. If you cannot do it, at least brush in the morning and before you go to bed.
The Importance of a Toothbrush
According to dentists, a soft-bristled brush is best for brushing. Toothbrushes should be small – headed as they are able to reach all the areas of your mouth. You must replace your toothbrush at regular intervals as well.
The Correct Method of Flossing
- Most of the people just do brushing but flossing is also an important part of cleaning your teeth since it removes food particles and plaque from your teeth.
- Like tooth-brushing, correct method of flossing is also important for complete removal of food particles and plaque. For a correct method of flossing, from the floss dispenser, pull 12 to 18 inches of dental floss. Then, wrap the ends of the floss around your index and middle fingers. Holding the floss tightly around each tooth in C shape, move the floss for wiping the tooth from base to tip two or three times.
- You can see that how important is the correct method of brushing and flossing. If you clean you mouth daily with the help of flossing along with brushing, you are not going to develop any dental disease forever. So, you have nothing to worry if you do it correctly, but if you think you need improvement, just do it immediately.